SHABBAT & YOM TOV TIMES & FUTURE EVENTS
As part of The United Synagogue’s 150th Anniversary Celebrations you can join Ahavat Yisrael for just £150 for the first year. For more information email email@example.com or call Aliza or Michelle on 020 8343 5676
14th &15th February Shabbat Parashat Yitro – Our Fourth Anniversary (please click here for this week’s Dvar Torah). We look forward to welcoming you to our services and shiurim
Tuesday 18th February @ 8.00 pm Parashat Shiur: Please click here for information about the venue.
Future Guest Speakers: We look forward to welcoming the following guest speakers over the forthcoming weeks:
- Parashat Terumah 29th February: Rabbi Z Fletcher will deliver the Dvar Torah during our sit-down Kiddush after Mussaf and Rabbi Barry Kleinberg will give a shiur during Seudah Shlishit after Mincha @ 5.05 pm
- Parashat Tetzaveh 7th March: Rabbi E Silverman will give a shiur during Seudah Shlishit after Mincha @ 5.20 pm
- Parashat Vayikra 28th March: Rabbi Gideon Shulman will deliver the Dvar Torah during our sit-down Kiddush after Mussaf and Rabbi B Goldmeier will give a shiur during Seudah Shlishit after Mincha @ 5.55 pm
- Parashat Tzav 4th April: Rabbi Andrew Shaw will deliver the Dvar Torah during our sit-down Kiddush after Mussaf
Ta’anit Esther & Purim Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th March:
- Fast begins at 4.51 am
- Mincha at 5.30 pm
- Ma’ariv at 6.20 pm
- Fast terminates at 6.35 pm
- Megillah at approx. 6.35 pm
- Followed by Supper & Puzzle It Out games evening. Please click here if you would like to make a suggested donation of £5 per person to help towards the costs of this event
- Shacharit at 6.30 am
- Megillah at approx. 7.00 am
OUR CORE VALUES
We have come together as a community to celebrate our love for Torah, Israel and our fellow Jew. As an orthodox kehillah under the auspices of the United Synagogue, we look forward to welcoming anyone and everyone who is seeking to increase their own personal knowledge and observance wherever they may currently be on their own particular journey. We believe that learning should be a joy and we intend to offer inspirational shiruim and divrei Torah for both men and women. In addition to this, our love of Israel will be celebrated not just through regular Shabbat tefilla but also on key dates such as Yom Ha’atzmaut and we are particularly honoured and delighted to have received this message of support from Eliahu Bendahan, Israel’s Deputy Defence Minister:
“I was very happy to receive your letter informing me that on Shabbos Parashas Yisro, B’ezras H’, you will merit to inaugurate the Beit HaKnesset Ahavas Yisrael in Edgware, London.
The best way to experience all of our values is to join us for our Shabbat services and see for yourself. Children will be particularly welcome either in the main service or in their own children’s service or crèche.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We hope that everyone will feel comfortable in our services but we do ask that you keep your conversation for the Kiddush afterwards as we will be asking for quiet during the davening. Children are more than welcome and we will, of course, be tolerant of their ability to maintain the desired level of decorum.
In line with many United Synagogue shuls, we ask that ladies who are, or who have been, married wear a hat or otherwise cover their hair in shul. We also respectfully ask all ladies and men to dress appropriately for participating in Orthodox religious services.
We currently hold our services in Langdon’s premises off Manor Park Crescent HA8 7FR and we ask for your understanding if the facilities are not as perfect as we hope they will ultimately be. However, whatever we may lack in facilities we hope to more than make up for in a warm, welcoming and inspirational atmosphere.
Although our services will take place in Langdon’s premises, please do not address any mail there. Instead please contact us at:
m: PO Box 796, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 4RY.
t : 020 8050 1613